Duvoisin Fat Standard Bass "Satin Prince of Olivewood" (1)
Brand Duvoisin Guitars SA
The second of our brand new "Olivewood" Series, that includes 4 Super Standard guitars and 4 Fat Standard basses. The "Queen" (Guitar) and the "King" (Bass) of Olivewood both boast an extra laminate between the olive top and Mahogany (Guitar) / Ash (Bass) body as well as an oil finish. The other three have either a satinated or gloss finish, sometimes a maple fretboard, but no extra laminate. Check out the specs and choose your favorite.
"The Satin Prince of Olivewood" Specs:
- 34' Fat Standard bolt-on bass, 21 frets
- Satin finish
- Massive 3 piece ash body
- Olivewood top
- Maple neck
- Rosewood fret board with white dot inlays and white side dots
- Bone nut, 38mm wide
- Gotoh chrome Machine heads and Warwick control knobs)
- Dunlop chrome strap locks
- Duvoisin© DSS bridge, black finish
- Electronic cover, black aluminium, engraved
- Neck and bridge pickups, active Duvoisin© split coil humbucker
- Onboard 3V (2x 1,5v AA Batteries) preamp, featuring:
- Balance between pickups
- Medium progressive frequency selector (250-830Hz)
- Medium frequency booster
- Weight 5.240Kgs 11.55lbs
- A Duvoisin Gig-bag is offered with the bass
Important comment relative to weight: Please be aware that the weight of the bass is not suited to every player. Due to the high density of our "Sagne Valley" ash, the bass exceeds 5kgs / 11lbs, yet what it gains in weight, it also gives back in tonal quality. It is a hard choice to make through the internet, so drop in our shop to come and try it.
Video courtesy of David Caraccio, a comparison between Fat Standard and Standard bass.