Alembic 5 string Essence Bass
An another Alembic bass in our secondhand shop. The identity and number of the bass was confirmed to us by Alembic Inc., Santa Rosa. It was built in 1999. The specs are the following:
- Essence 5 string, 99K12243USA
- Long Scale 34"
- Maple 3 piece neck with walnut pinstripes
- Tulipwood Top
- Maple pinstripe
- Mahogany core
- Tummy contour
- Brass Truss Rod Cover
- Black plastic backplates
- 2 WMXY pickups
- Europa electronics
- Polyester high gloss finish
- brass nut, bridge
- Half Moon tailpiece
- Weight: 4.76Kgs
- It come with a hardcase, that is not its original hardcase. The shape of the body imprinted in the case is slightly larger than the orginal essence body shape.
For those that will not come in the shop to try it, here are the pros and cons:
- The neck is heavier than the body, so it has a tendency to sink neck down if you do not hold it (the effect is attenuated if you wear a strap).
- There is a very slight notch on the fretboard (picture), but bearly noticeable.
- There are some light scratches on the bridge, slightly more on the tail piece.
- The thick ebony fretboard has an incredible impact on tone (especially low end).
- It is an essence bass, with the extra control options of the Europa electronics.
Do not hesitate to call us for more information.
All our excuses for the quality of the pictures, we hope they still give you a good idea of the state of the bass.